Details On Place Tips At The Walt Disney World Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Guests visiting the International Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World’s Epcot will be able to use Facebook Place Tips on their mobile devices to get the most out of their visit.
Here are the details:
This year marks 20 delicious years of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. To celebrate, Facebook is collaborating with Walt Disney World to offer a special Facebook Place Tips experience at this year’s event.
As festival guests taste their way around Epcot’s World Showcase and Future World, they can look for Place Tips in their Facebook app. Appearing at the top of News Feed, Place Tips will show menus, chef recipes, festival maps, event info and more for festival marketplaces.
Here’s more information about Place Tips:
- Place Tips for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will be available to attendees starting Friday, September 25th.
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival guests can simply open their iOS Facebook app at the festival to see the Place Tips story at the top of their News Feed.
Here’s some historical information about Place Tips:
- Launched in January 2015, Place Tips show up in the top of your News Feed and show you fun, useful and relevant info about the place you’re at. Tapping on Place Tips won’t post on Facebook or show anyone where you are.
- Facebook has awesome info about the places you go, and when you’re at an event like the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, there’s a ton of info that can be useful and fun when surfaced to you in the right way.
- Place Tips was originally developed for use at places, and the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Place Tips experience is just one example of the deeper, immersive Place Tips we’re developing for specialized events and other new applications, too.