Exciting Offerings Coming to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea in Fiscal Year 2017
Tokyo Disneyland Park and Tokyo DisneySea Park announced their annual schedule for fiscal year 2017 (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018). The two Parks will continue to offer Guests distinctive, Disney-style experiences over the upcoming year with a variety of new entertainment, special events and programs. Please see below for more details (in chronological order).
April 4 – June 14, 2017 – Special Event at Tokyo Disneyland / Tokyo DisneySea “Disney’s Easter”
This regular springtime event is back again this year at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.
• At Tokyo Disneyland, Guests will enjoy a whimsical Easter-themed event with the Disney Friends and the Easter Bunnies. The Easter egg characters with bunny ears, known as “Usatama,” scatter all over the Park, creating chaos, requiring the Disney Friends to get involved. The Disney Friends and the “Usatama” will also appear in a brand new parade. Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde, the main characters from Disney’s major hit film Zootopia, will make their debut at Tokyo Disneyland in this parade.
• Tokyo DisneySea will offer a stylish Easter with colorful springtime decorations. The popular fashion item for this year’s special event is an Easter bonnet decorated with bunny ears. At the Park, Guests will find décor themed to these Easter “Bunny” Bonnets in addition to the Easter eggs. In the main entertainment, presented in Mediterranean Harbor, Mickey Mouse and the Disney Friends will show off their best Easter fashions. Guests will enjoy the bright and colorful Easter event in Tokyo DisneySea style.
From Spring 2017 New Attraction at Tokyo DisneySea
Nemo & Friends SeaRider
This new attraction opening in Port Discovery is themed to the world of the Disney/Pixar films Finding Nemo and Finding Dory. This indoor attraction will immerse Guests in the underwater world of these popular stories by using a ride system that seamlessly blends glorious new visuals with a dynamic motion-base system. Boarding a submersible that “shrinks” to the size of a fish, Guests can explore the wondrous world of marine life from the same point of view as Nemo and Dory.
From Spring 2017 Renewed Attraction at Tokyo DisneySea Turtle Talk
Turtle Talk, a theater-type attraction where Guests can talk and interact with the sea turtle Crush, will feature some of his friends from the Disney/Pixar film Finding Dory. In addition to talking with Crush, Guests will be able to enjoy a game of hide-and-seek with the talkative Dory and Crush’s son, Squirt. Other unique characters from Finding Dory, such as Destiny, the whale shark, and Hank, the octopus, will also stop by to chat with Guests, adding even more fun to the attraction.
June 15 – July 7, 2017 At Tokyo Disneyland / Tokyo DisneySea “Disney Tanabata Days”
The Japanese star festival known as “Tanabata” will be celebrated in unique Disney-style at the theme parks.
• At Tokyo Disneyland, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse dressed as Hikoboshi and Orihime, the two star-crossed lovers of this festival, will ride on rickshaws along the parade route to greet Guests. “Disney Tanabata Days” will feature traditional decorations in World Bazaar, where Guests can write their wishes on “Wishing Cards” to be hung from the grand centerpiece.
• At Tokyo DisneySea, Guests can hang their wishes for Tanabata and enjoy traditional decorations at the “Wishing Place” in the New York area of American Waterfront, and in Mediterranean Harbor, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will appear in a greeting show dressed as Hikoboshi and Orihime. Guests can enjoy Tanabata in a unique Tokyo DisneySea style.
July 11 – August 31, 2017 Special Event at Tokyo Disneyland “Disney Natsu Matsuri”
Natsu matsuri means “summer festival” in Japanese and Guests will be able to enjoy the hot summer with the Disney Characters in this energizing special event. In the show presented at the Plaza in front of Cinderella Castle, Guests can enjoy being sprayed with water from the unique dance floats. Guests can find Japanese lanterns as well as photo locations that enhance the festive atmosphere even more. Special merchandise and menu items themed to the event will be offered, while the sound of traditional music and drums also create a perfect mood for this Japanese-style summer event.
New Special Event at Tokyo DisneySea
A special event will debut at Tokyo DisneySea themed to the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean film series. The latest film in the series, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, is scheduled to be released on July 1, 2017. At Mediterranean Harbor, Guests can enjoy the show on the harbor featuring Captain Jack Sparrow, pirates and tons of splashing water, as well as atmosphere entertainment presented by a crew of pirates. Special merchandise and menu items, as well as decorations inspired by the special event will transform the Park into a world of the Disney film Pirates of the Caribbean. The swashbuckling fun will also be found in Tokyo Disneyland — the home of the Pirates of the Carribean attraction — with special décor and atmosphere entertainment.
From July 11, 2017 Renewed Entertainment at Tokyo Disneyland
“Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights” The nighttime parade “Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights” will be presented in a renewed version featuring five new floats. Appearing for the first time in this nighttime parade will be an icy castle float with Anna and Elsa from the Disney film Frozen. The Disney film Cinderella will be represented with two spectacular new floats: Cinderella’s pumpkin coach, and the grand ballroom with Prince Charming. In addition, a float based on the Disney film Beauty and the Beast will return after being absent since the 2011 renovation of the parade. Enhanced with LED lighting, the renovated parade will add even more color to the Park at night.
July 11, 2017 – March 19, 2018 New show at Tokyo DisneySea
A new greeting show featuring Mickey Mouse and the Disney Friends will be presented at Dockside Stage in American Waterfront. Note: “A Table is Waiting,” currently presented at Dockside Stage will close permanently on March 17, 2017.
September 8 – October 31, 2017 Special Event at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea “Disney’s Halloween”
Again in 2017, each Park will offer in its own unique way a “Disney’s Halloween” event.
• The special event at Tokyo Disneyland will be themed to a Halloween music festival. The Disney Friends join ghosts and skeletons in entertaining Guests along the parade route with a variety of amusing and exciting musical performances. Guests can join in clapping to the exciting and cheerful rhythms as the music festival reaches its high point.
• Tokyo DisneySea will present a cool, but eerie Halloween event themed to the Disney Villains*. Guests can enjoy a show on the waters of Mediterranean Harbor that creates a frightfully cool Halloween from the world of the villains.
*“Disney Villains” refers to the villain characters who appear in Disney films.
November 8 – December 25, 2017 Special Event at Tokyo Disneyland “Christmas Fantasy” At Tokyo Disneyland, Guests will enjoy the special event “Christmas Fantasy,” which is themed to “pop-up storybooks full of the Disney Friends’ Christmas fun.” The parade presented along the parade route will bring to life pages from storybooks showing the Disney Characters having fun at Christmastime. At the center of World Bazaar, the 15-meter-tall Christmas tree will create a fantastic atmosphere.
Special Event at Tokyo DisneySea “Christmas Wishes”
A 15-meter-tall Christmas tree in front of the luxury liner S.S. Columbia in American Waterfront and lots of other colorful Christmas decorations will create a heartwarming atmosphere that fills the Park during the special event “Christmas Wishes” at Tokyo DisneySea. Guests will enjoy the daytime show at Mediterranean Harbor, as well as the nighttime show with its fantastically sparkling Christmas tree on the harbor waters. In addition, the illuminations in American Waterfront and other elements add variety to the Guests’ holiday experience.
January 1 – 5, 2018 New Year’s Programs at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
Both Parks will celebrate the start of the year with colorful Japanese-style New Year’s decorations at the entrances, traditional New Year’s cuisine and merchandise featuring the zodiac animal for the year. Mickey Mouse and his Disney Friends will be dressed up in kimono to welcome Guests in Japanese style.