Beauty & The Beast Continues To Top The Box Office
Beauty and the Beast continues to dominate the global box office, even from the threat of the Power Rangers.
comScore’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’ posted an incredible $207.5 million this weekend to push its global total to $690.3 million. Now the #1 movie of 2017 both in North America and globally, this is the fourth consecutive Walt Disney Studios release to surpass the $600 million mark globally, following the staggering success of ‘Doctor Strange,’ ‘Moana’ and ‘Rogue One.'”
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 26, are below.
- Beauty And The Beast – Disney – $207.5M
- Kong: Skull Island – Warner Bros. – $107.4M
- Power Rangers – Lionsgate – $59.2M
- Life – Sony – $28.7M
- Logan – 20th Century Fox – $22.2M
- Boss Baby, The – 20th Century Fox – $16.3M
- Get Out – Universal – $10.9M
- Chips – Warner Bros. – $9.5M
- Prison, The – Showbox / Mediaplex Inc. – $8.3M
- Split – Universal – $5.4M
- Sing – Universal – $4.8M
- Dog’s Purpose, A – Multiple – $4.3M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 26, are below.
- Beauty And The Beast – Disney – $88.3M
- Power Rangers – Lionsgate – $40.5M
- Kong: Skull Island – Warner Bros. – $14.4M
- Life – Sony – $12.6M
- Logan – 20th Century Fox – $10.1M
- Get Out – Universal – $8.7M
- Chips – Warner Bros. – $7.6M
- Shack, The – Lionsgate – $3.8M
- Lego Batman Movie, The – Warner Bros. – $2.0M
- Belko Experiment, The – OTL Releasing – $1.8M
- MET Opera: Idomeneo (2017) – Fathom Events – $1.3M
- Hidden Figures – 20th Century Fox – $0.8M
Did you go to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend?
Roger is the owner of DisKingdom.com and is a big Disney fan. He collects many different things including Funko, LEGO, Star Wars Miniatures, Marvel Legends & Star Wars Black Series figures. If you have a news tip, feel free to email me at Roger@Diskingdom.com or send me a tweet @DisKingdom And he presents our Youtube Channel” and Podcasts.