Hurricane Irma Forces Walt Disney World Closed On Sunday & Monday
With Hurricane Irma set to hit Orlando this weekend, Disney have now announced that they will be closed down for Sunday 10th and Monday 11th September 2017. This follows previous announcements that Nights of Joy and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party were cancelled, and it also follows news that Universal Studios, LEGOLand and SeaWorld are also going to be closed during the hurricane.
Here are the official details:
Based on the latest forecasts for Hurricane Irma and keeping safety top of mind, Walt Disney World Resort will be closing early on Saturday, September 9 and will remain closed through Monday, September 11. Resort hotels will remain open. We hope to resume normal operations on Tuesday, September 12. We will provide regular updates to our guests on all operational changes.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Disney Springs, Water Parks, and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex are making the following operational changes:
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach: Closed as of Friday, September 8 – Monday, September 11
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon: Closing early Saturday, September 9 at 5 PM – Monday, September 11
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed on Saturday, September 9 – Monday, September 11
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 7 PM – Monday, September 11 • The Saturday, September 9 Rivers of Light performance is canceled.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 7 PM – Monday, September 11 • The Saturday, September 9 Fantasmic! and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular performances are canceled.
- Epcot: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 9 PM – Monday, September 11 • The Saturday, September 9 Illuminations Reflections of Earth performance is canceled.
- Magic Kingdom: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 9 PM. • The Saturday, September 9 Happily Ever After fireworks performance is canceled.
- Disney Springs: Closing early on Saturday, September 9 at 9 PM – Monday, September 11
CLOSURES, CANCELATIONS & MORE
• Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will be closed beginning Saturday, September 9 at 2:00 PM.
SPECIAL EVENT UPDATES In anticipation of inclement weather associated with Hurricane Irma, please note the following event cancelations at Walt Disney World Resort.
• Night of Joy at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex has been canceled on Saturday, September 9, 2017. The performances on Friday, September 8 will take place as planned. • Guests with tickets for Saturday are welcome to attend Friday’s event instead by exchanging their tickets at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Box Office after 4 PM Friday.
• Requests for a full refund for either event night will be honored.
• Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled on Sunday, September 10, 2017. The event will take place as planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests are invited to exchange their Sunday, September 10 event tickets for one of the following options:
- Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the next 2 years
- Receive a full refund for event tickets
To redeem these offers, Guests should call (407) 939-7818 by January 31, 2018 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM., or email us at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Please have your tickets available so we may process your request for you as quickly as possible. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
DINING UPDATES Effective immediately we will not be enforcing dine reservation cancelation policies so no need to cancel dine reservations through Monday, September 11.
Pre-paid dining and premium experiences will be automatically canceled and refunded.