Pinball FX 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch
It was announced by Zen Studios today that Pinball FX 3 will be coming to the Nintendo Switch on Tuesday, November 14th, 2017. In addition to evolving the groundbreaking approach to community gaming that has come to define Zen’s series for a full decade, Pinball FX3 takes full advantage of the Nintendo Switch console’s revolutionary capabilities with exclusive features like vertical play orientation and HD rumble support. Thirty tables are available at launch, with more playable content and features to be added in the months to come.
Here are some of the details on the game:
- Now every table is an RPG. Simply playing a table yields experience points and level advancements that continually unlock the potential for bigger points…and bigger blowouts of your friends’ scores on the leaderboards. Strategic thinking comes into play when determining which power-ups to equip—one table might be best suited for a Skillshot Score Increase and Multiball Score Bonus, while another might better benefit from Combo Time Bonus and Distance Bonus team-up.
- Players level up. The more you play, the higher your own personal experience level increases.
- Anyone can start their own tournament. In addition to tournaments run by Zen (often involving fantastic prizes), Pinball FX3 allows players to create and customize their own tournaments, including access to several modes of play.
- Advanced multiplayer features allow for intelligent matching against others based on skill level. This applies to everything from immediate friendly matches to ultracompetitive League Play.
- Cross-play enables Nintendo Switch players to take on opponents competing on most other platforms where Pinball FX3 is available.
- New game modes will change the way you play even tables you feel you’ve already mastered. Playing a 1-Ball Challenge, a 5-Minute Challenge or Survival Mode will cause you to completely rethink your approach in order to top the leaderboards.
Pinball FX3 is free to download and grants the Sorcerer’s Lair table to players at no cost, while the Carnivals & Legends pack debuts on all available Pinball FX3 platforms on the same day. The complete list is as follows:
- Universal Classics™ Pinball (Back to the Future™, E.T.™, Jaws™)
- Aliens vs. Pinball (Aliens, Alien vs. Predator, Alien: Isolation)
- Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, American Dad!)
- The Walking Dead
- Sorcerer’s Lair (free)
- Carnivals & Legends (Adventure Land Pinball, Son of Zeus)
- Zen Classics (Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, V12)
- Core Collection (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep)
- Medieval Pack (Epic Quest, Excalibur)
- Sci-Fi Pack (Mars, Paranormal, Earth Defense)
- Iron & Steel (Wild West Rampage, CastleStorm)
The game was recently released on Xbox One and PS4, where previously released Marvel and Star Wars packs were available to purchase or were backwards compatible. However the launch line up hasn’t had any Marvel or Star Wars tables confirmed.
With work going into upgrading those tables for Pinball FX3, I suspect these tables will also be released on the Nintendo Switch eventually, but its a shame these aren’t available at launch. Also unlike the release of the game on Xbox One and PS4, these won’t be be backwards compatible with previous Nintendo Wii U purchases.
I’ve contacted Zen Studios for clarification on if Marvel and Star Wars tables will be coming to the Nintendo Switch.
Will you be downloading Pinball FX 3 on your Nintendo Switch?>