Pixar Pier Opens in Summer 2018 with New Incredicoaster, Inspired by ‘The Incredibles,’ at Disney California Adventure Park
Disney have announced more details on Pixar Pier, which is coming to Disney California Adventure Park in summer 2018, transforming the area that is now Paradise Pier with the thrilling, new Incredicoaster, four new imaginative neighborhoods, plus entertainment, themed food and beverage, and merchandise. Guests will experience Pixar stories and characters in incredible new ways on this seaside waterfront at the Disneyland Resort.
Pixar Pier, a permanent land along the southern shore of Paradise Bay, will debut during Pixar Fest, a limited-time event that begins April 13, 2018. As a new land, Pixar Pier will introduce the exciting new Incredicoaster plus four whimsical neighborhoods where guests step into beloved Pixar stories.
The first neighborhood is inspired by Disney·Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and it will open in summer 2018 with the Incredicoaster. Permanently transformed from the attraction that is now California Screamin’, Incredicoaster will invite guests into a mid-century-modern-style loading area where they board vehicles with a distinctive, new look. New character moments, new scenes and special effects, and an exciting musical score will connect the attraction’s story to Pixar’s “The Incredibles 2,” which opens in theaters June 14, 2018.
The neighborhood inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” will be developed around the popular Toy Story Mania! attraction. Another new neighborhood, inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out,” will debut a new family-friendly attraction that’s scheduled to open at a later date.
A fourth new neighborhood will celebrate a collection of guest-favorite Pixar stories. Mickey’s Fun Wheel will be themed with a new look and each of the 24 gondolas will showcase a different Pixar character. The iconic face of Mickey Mouse will continue to beam happiness across the Paradise Bay side of the wheel. At the Games of the Boardwalk, which currently includes a game called Bullseye Stallion Stampede, guests will find that all the midway games will be inspired by Pixar characters. New games are expected to include characters from “A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” and “WALL·E.”
To prepare for these big changes, several attractions will close Jan. 8: California Screamin’, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Games of the Boardwalk and Sideshow Shirts.
Ariel’s Grotto restaurant and the Cove Bar will be transformed into a Pixar-themed lounge offering sparkling views of Paradise Bay and the new Pixar Pier. Ariel’s Grotto and Cove Bar will close Jan. 8, with Cove Bar reopening briefly in April before its permanent transformation. Guests wishing to reserve “World of Color” dining packages after Jan. 7 may consider Carthay Circle Restaurant or Wine Country Trattoria.
The remaining areas of the original Paradise Pier – including Paradise Gardens, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumping Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephyr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – will become a new land called Paradise Park.
The opening of Pixar Pier will add to the fun of Pixar Fest, a celebration of friendship that begins April 13, 2018. Pixar Fest will include the new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular;” the return of “Pixar Play Parade,” appearing for the first time at Disneyland Park; the return of “Paint the Night,” performing this time at Disney California Adventure, and new elements added to each of those parades. In addition, guests will find friends from Disney•Pixar films, creatively themed food and beverage items and merchandise that’s exclusive to Pixar Fest.
All of these exciting changes add to the existing attractions and entertainment that feature many favorite Pixar characters and stories:
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- “World of Color”: Characters from “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E,” “Toy Story,” “Up” and “a bug’s life” appear in this nighttime water spectacular which combines animation, music, lights and color with more than 1,200 fountains.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to move to the music.
What do you think of these changes?
Roger is the owner of DisKingdom.com and is a big Disney fan. He collects many different things including Funko, LEGO, Star Wars Miniatures, Marvel Legends & Star Wars Black Series figures. If you have a news tip, feel free to email me at Roger@Diskingdom.com or send me a tweet @DisKingdom And he presents our Youtube Channel” and Podcasts.