Black Panther & A Wrinkle In Time Top The Box Office
This weekends worldwide box office estimates have been revealed and Disney have grabbed the top two slots with Black Panther and their new movie, “A Wrinkle In Time”. It also sees Black Panther take over a billion dollars at the box office and considering this movie was released a month ago, not even Disney can knock Marvel off the top of the charts.
21st Century Fox also continue to top of the charts with Red Sparrow and the Oscar winning “The Shape Of Water”.
comScore’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Disney’s ‘Black Panther’ has a milestone weekend at the box office as it crosses the $1 billion mark globally and opens in China to $66.5 million placing it #1 in that market while also grabbing the number one spot for the fourth consecutive weekend in theaters around the world as it continues to move up the charts becoming the seventh highest grossing film of all-time in North America after just 24 days in theaters.”
While “A Wrinkle In Time” did hit the second spot in the charts, it is being considered a disappointment since it has taken around the same in the opening weekend as other box office Disney “flops” like Alice Through The Looking Glass and Oz: The Great and Powerful. However it should be noted that the movie hasn’t opened in all regions, such as the UK yet.
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 11, are below.
1. Black Panther – Disney – $141.1M
2. Wrinkle In Time, A – Disney – $39.6M
3. Red Sparrow – 20th Century Fox – $23.9M
4. Operation Red Sea – Multiple – $23.8M
5. Tomb Raider – Warner Bros. – $14.1M
6. Shape Of Water, The – 20th Century Fox – $13.7M
7. Game Night – Warner Bros. – $13.3M
8. Peter Rabbit – Sony – $11.6M
9. Detective Chinatown 2 – Multiple – $11.2M
10. Strangers: Prey At Night – Multiple – $10.6M
11. Death Wish – Multiple – $9.6M
12. Jolie Ch’tite Famille, Une – Pathé Distribution – $8.8M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 11, are below.
1. Black Panther – Disney – $41.1M
2. Wrinkle In Time, A – Disney – $33.3M
3. Strangers: Prey At Night – Aviron Pictures – $10.5M
4. Red Sparrow – 20th Century Fox – $8.2M
5. Game Night – Warner Bros. – $7.9M
6. Peter Rabbit – Sony – $6.8M
7. Death Wish – MGM – $6.6M
8. Hurricane Heist, The – Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures – $3.1M
8. Annihilation – Paramount – $3.1M
10. Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle – Sony – $2.8M
11. Gringo – STX Entertainment – $2.6M
12. Shape Of Water, The – Fox Searchlight – $2.4M
What movies have you seen recently?
Roger is the owner of DisKingdom.com and is a big Disney fan. He collects many different things including Funko, LEGO, Star Wars Miniatures, Marvel Legends & Star Wars Black Series figures. If you have a news tip, feel free to email me at Roger@Diskingdom.com or send me a tweet @DisKingdom And he presents our Youtube Channel” and Podcasts.