“Birnbaum’s 2019 Walt Disney World: The Official Guide” Out Now
The 2019 edition of the Birnbaum’s official guide to Walt Disney World has been released, this book is priced at $19.99, plus there is a new edition of the Kids version, which is priced at $12.99.
Here is the official description:
As Walt Disney World continues to grow and evolve, trust Birnbaum as your guide! The 2019 edition delves into detailed descriptions of all attractions, resorts, and eateries; offers money-saving coupons and strategies to maximize your vacation budget; and includes a peek into what’s new:
- What’s it like to be a toy in Andy’s backyard? You’ll soon find out at Disney’s Hollywood Studios brand-new 11-acre area known as Toy Story Land! The land features two new attractions: a family-friendly roller coaster known as Slinky Dog Dash and the Alien Swirling Saucers ride in which guests strive to elude the famous “Claw” while spinning in a saucer vehicle.
- The Force grows stronger at Disney’s Hollywood Studios every day: read about the ongoing construction of the highly anticipated realm known as Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The immersive, new 14-acre land (slated to open by late 2019) will give guests of Disney’s Hollywood Studios the opportunity to explore a never-before-seen world and interact with creatures and droids from the popular Star Wars franchise.
- The ever-popular Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is bigger and better than ever. Look here for new details on this and other special Epcot events (Flower & Garden Festival, Epcot International Arts Festival, The Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival, and more).
- Get a sneak peek of the Disney Skyliner. This new transportation system will offer a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World via airborne gondolas.
- Imagineers are busy enhancing favorite resorts and building brand new ones, including Disney Riviera Resort (planned to open in late 2019/early 2020) and a new hotel with a Star Wars theme. We’ll share details to help you plan future visits!
- Disney Cruise Line weighs anchor a mere 50 miles from Walt Disney World, making a surf-and-turf vacation a tempting possibility for many a Disney guest. A special Birnbaum “bonus” chapter guides guests from possibility to reality, laying out all the details for pairing a Disney Cruise with a visit to Walt Disney World.
Here is a look at the cover:
Here are the details on the Kids edition:
In the 2019 edition, we’ll tell young readers how to:
- Join the vacation-planning fun, with kid-friendly descriptions of all the theme park shows and attractions, including maps, photos, colorful illustrations, and more.
- Experience a whole new play zone at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Land, featuring a family-friendly roller coaster called Slinky Dog Dash and the Alien Swirling Saucers ride (beware of The Claw!)
- Discover new theme park offerings, including the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks spectacular Happily Ever After, Epcot’s new Mission: SPACE Green adventure, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s high-flying and wildly popular Avatar: Flight of Passage attraction.
- Awaken the Force at Walt Disney World! Disney’s Hollywood Studios–a theme park that is getting new land called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Meet favorite Disney characters and collect autographs from Mickey, Minnie, Anna, Elsa, Chewbacca, BB8, Goofy, and the gang, and there are special autograph pages at the back of the book!
- The book is filled with kid-written tips and attraction reviews.
- Hunt for dozens of Hidden Mickeys spread through all four Walt Disney World theme parks.
- Preserve magical memories in a special scrapbook section.
You can purchase these books now from retailers including Amazon.