LEGO Opening New Pop Up Stores
Following the closure of Toys R Us, LEGO have announced that they will be testing some new Pop-Up stores in six locations across the US at the following locations:
September 28, 2018:
The Shoppes at Buckland Hills – 194 Buckland Hills Drive Manchester, CT
October 5, 2018
Mall at Columbia – 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy. Columbia, MD
Woodbridge Center – 250 Woodbridge Center Drive Woodbridge, NJ
Smith Haven Mall – 313 Smith Haven Mall Lake Grove, NY
Perimeter Mall – 4400 Ashford Dunwoody Road Atlanta, GA
Galleria at Tyler – 1299 Tyler Street Riverside, CA
LEGO are hoping to see if this business model can grow to support additional markets in following years.
LEGO Retail has shared some preliminary design images for these six stores as well as insights on the two new concepts they will be testing. The stores will not be set up in the same manner as any of the existing LEGO Brand stores. Half of the stores will have their products sorted by age and the other half will sort their products by price.
Each Pop-Up store will feature a play area, interactive play stations, and displays. The stores with products separated by age will feature four key sections 1+, 5+, 7+ and 10+ while the stores separating products by price have sections for Under $20, Under $30, Under $50, Under $100 and Big Builds.
Every Pop-Up store will also be 100% unique is shape as these stores are each filling a empty store within a mall and have not been restructured. Among the changes are that stores will be carpeted while others tiled and some will have multiple LEGO statues and some just one.
Whats the difference between a Pop-Up store and a typical LEGO Brand store?
- Yes, you will be able to earn and redeem LEGO VIP points at Pop-Up stores.
- There is not a Pick-a-Brick wall or Build-a-Mini station.
- There are no LEGO Brand store Passport stamps available at Pop-Up stores.
- There will not be monthly minibuild activities or other in store events.
- The product prices will be the same at LEGO Brand and Pop-Up stores including any sales.
- Pop-Up stores will try to offer the same gift with purchase promotions.
- Pop-Up stores will have new employees but also at least one experienced employee from a local LEGO Brand store.
What do you think of these new Pop Up LEGO Stores?
Roger is the owner of DisKingdom.com and is a big Disney fan. He collects many different things including Funko, LEGO, Star Wars Miniatures, Marvel Legends & Star Wars Black Series figures. If you have a news tip, feel free to email me at Roger@Diskingdom.com or send me a tweet @DisKingdom And he presents our Youtube Channel” and Podcasts.