Venom Tops The Global Box Office
Following a lukewarm reception from critics, Sony’s new Spider-Man spin-off movie, Venom, was able to top the box office charts around the globe. Venom was able to bring in over $205.2 million over the weekend according to comScore’s estimates. However it will be interesting to see if the movie continues to bring in money after its opening weekend.
comScore’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Two box office stars were born this weekend as Sony’s Marvel entry ‘Venom’ starring Tom Hardy, sunk its teeth into a $205.23 million global debut while director Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ from Warner Bros., featuring a stellar performance from Lady Gaga, sang a powerful tune taking in $55.25 million worldwide this weekend with more territories to be added next weekend.”
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, October 7, are below.
1. Venom – Sony – $205.2M
2. Star Is Born, A – Warner Bros. – $55.2M
3. Project Gutenberg – Multiple – $38.0M
4. Smallfoot – Warner Bros. – $26.6M
5. Shadow – Le Vision Pictures (Beijing) Co.,Ltd – $17.9M
6. Night School – Universal – $15.7M
7. Hello, Mrs. Money – Multiple – $15.6M
8. Johnny English Strikes Again – Universal – $14.1M
9. House With A Clock In Its Walls, The – Multiple – $12.9M
10. Nun, The – Warner Bros. – $9.8M
11. Dark Figure of Crime – Showbox / Mediaplex Inc. – $9.0M
12. Fat Buddies – Multiple – $8.0M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, October 7, are below.
1. Venom – Sony – $80.0M
2. Star Is Born, A – Warner Bros. – $41.2M
3. Smallfoot – Warner Bros. – $14.9M
4. Night School – Universal – $12.3M
5. House With A Clock In Its Walls, The – Universal – $7.3M
6. Simple Favor, A – Lionsgate – $3.4M
7. Nun, The – Warner Bros. – $2.6M
8. Hell Fest – Lionsgate – $2.1M
9. Crazy Rich Asians – Warner Bros. – $2.1M
10. MET Opera: Aida (2018) – Fathom Events – $1.2M
11. Predator, The – 20th Century Fox – $0.9M
12. White Boy Rick – Sony – $0.6M
Did you go see Venom this weekend?
Roger is the owner of DisKingdom.com and is a big Disney fan. He collects many different things including Funko, LEGO, Star Wars Miniatures, Marvel Legends & Star Wars Black Series figures. If you have a news tip, feel free to email me at Roger@Diskingdom.com or send me a tweet @DisKingdom And he presents our Youtube Channel” and Podcasts.