ESPN+ To Offer More Than 2,900 Games During The College Basketball Season
Disney have announced that as the college basketball season tips off, ESPN+, the premium direct-to-consumer video service from The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) and ESPN, will provide more than 2,900 men’s and women’s matchups during the 2018-2019 season. In the first month alone, nearly 550 games will be available for fans.
- Fifteen conferences featured: Atlantic 10, America East, ASUN, Big South, Conference USA, Horizon League, Ivy League, MAAC, MAC, MVC, OVC, SoCon, Southland, Summit and Sun Belt
- ESPN+ will carry Jayhawk Gameday Live, a 30-minute pregame show and a 60-minute postgame show, for all games carried on the platform, as part of a larger deal with the University of Kansas; the Hawk Talk radio show and head coach Bill Self press conferences will also be available
- Fans can watch four non-conference home games featuring No. 1 Kansas – vs. Louisiana (Nov. 16), Wofford (Dec. 4), South Dakota (Dec. 18) and Eastern Michigan (Dec. 29)
- Week 1 men’s slate
- Final Four participant Loyola-Chicago opens their season against UMKC on Tuesday, Nov. 6, at 9 p.m. ET
- Davidson will face Cleveland State in their season opener on Nov. 6, at 7 p.m.
- Last year’s NCAA Tournament ‘Cinderella team’ UMBC will host Manhattan on Monday, Nov. 12 (7 p.m.)
- Week 1 women’s slate
- Preseason AP All-American Asia Durr and No. 5 Louisville will face Western Kentucky on opening night at 7 p.m.
- 25 Miami plays FIU on Monday, also at 7 p.m.
- Green Bay, after finishing last with a 29-3 record, will host Northwestern at 8 p.m. on Tuesday
- 11 Texas travels to North Texas on Monday, Nov. 12 (8 p.m.)
Additional ESPN+ games will be revealed on a weekly basis.