Disney Infinity Next Q&A Highlights
Straight after the Disney Infinity Next show, Disney held a special Q&A session with Allison and JV, answering questions from the fans and showing some gameplay of Baloo, Nick & Judy from Zootopia and content from Marvel Battlegrounds.
Here are a few highlights:
- Disney haven’t confirmed how often Next will take place, and want to start doing their own live events so everyone can be involved, rather than just doing physical events. They are thinking of doing a Next, every 2 to 3 months, with nods to future updates later.
- The will only talk about new content coming to 3.0 in 2016 and wouldn’t confirm if there will be 3.0 content in 2017.
- There are 4 new playsets coming in 3.0 including Star Wars, Pixar and Disney, and confirmed my question about Marvel Battlegrounds being this years Marvel playset.
- They did confirm that more characters will be coming later.
- Allison’s favourite Marvel character from 3.0 hasn’t been released and is a “She”, so Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel or Squirrel Girl are a possibility.
- Baloo & Boba Fett is March 15th
- Mentions how some marvel characters have legal restrictions.
- Keyblade is unlocked with all characters on March 15th, Baloo doesn’t count.
- New playsets will unlock new toys in toy box.
- Over 20 new Toy Box toys from Marvel Battleground.
- They will working on bug fixes but feel the toy box is well presented.
- No overhaul to the hub.
- No online play for Marvel Battlegrounds because they don’t want to do online for other playsets.
- Reason for the delay from Comic Con for Ant-Man is that his costume is from civil war, not the Ant-Man movie.
- There is an embargo on Ant-Man until launch.
- They are planning on doing some polls on upcoming Marvel and Star Wars characters the fans want to see.
- They’ve worked out what Disney characters they would like to add from the Oh My Disney poll but nothing to announce yet.
- Battlegrounds will have a coin (much like inside out) to play a character you don’t own.
- Classic Baloo was picked as a real bear from the new live version of The Jungle Book wouldn’t work and they knew people wanted some classic characters.
- 1.0 & 2.0 characters won’t be updated in 3.0.
- No comment about new maps being added to Battlegrounds.
- Next live show will be March 15th.
Here are some screenshots from the show:
What did you think of this news? Comment Below: