Tokyo Disneyland Main Entrance and Guest Parking Renovations Announced
Oriental Land Co., Ltd. has announced that the Tokyo Disneyland Main Entrance will be renovated and a new parking structure will be built in the Tokyo Disneyland Guest Parking area. These renovations will improve and enhance the experience of Guests from around Japan as well as from overseas. The new parking structure is scheduled to open in 2019, and the renovated Main Entrance is scheduled to be completed in spring 2020.
Currently located at the Tokyo Disneyland Main Entrance are the Park entrance/exit gates, the booths selling Park tickets, and other facilities. To improve the flow of Guests into the Park, the number of entrance/exit gates will be increased from 48 to 54 gates and a photo recognition system will be installed to screen Annual Passport holders. For the first time, ticket vending machines will be installed, thus increasing Guest convenience. Furthermore, the displays on the vending machines and the information provided on digital signage will be written in multiple languages to make it easier for Guests from overseas to understand.
Construction for the renovations will proceed in stages, beginning in April 2018. Changes to the method of Park entry and to the Disney Hotel privileges will be made as some areas of the Main Entrance will be inaccessible during the construction period.
Overview of New Facilities at the Main Entrance
▪ 54 gates (currently 48)
▪ Flap ticket gates replacing turnstiles
▪ Photo recognition system installed to screen Annual Passport holders
Park ticket sales locations:
▪ 18 (currently 32) including 12 ticket vending machines and 6 staffed booths Information at the vending machines will be offered in Japanese, English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Korean, Thai, and Indonesian.
Other element: Digital signage #Total investment: About 12 billion yen (tentative)
Opening Date: Spring 2020 (tentative) Some portions may open in spring 2019
Measures to be taken during the renovation period
The following changes to the method of Park entry and to the applicable Disney Hotel privileges will be made.
1. Depending on the number of Guests at the Main Entrance prior to opening, admission to the Park may begin earlier than the stated Park opening time to facilitate smooth operations. In this circumstance, Guests will be invited to wait in World Bazaar until Park attractions and facilities open at the stated time.
2. During the renovation period, the exclusive entrance gate for Guests staying at a Disney hotel, which is currently located in the center of the Main Entrance, will be moved to a temporary location so that the Happy 15 Entry privilege can continue to be offered.
Note: Happy 15 Entry is a Disney hotel privilege that allows Guests staying at a Disney hotel to enter certain areas of the Park 15 minutes before the stated Park opening time. Guests can experience designated attractions, get Disney FASTPASS® tickets and enjoy shopping at designated shops.
TOKYO DISNEYLAND GUEST PARKING STRUCTURE (New Facility)
A new three-story parking structure will be built at the Tokyo Disneyland Guest Parking area for Guests visiting the Park by car. This structure is planned to be three stories above ground. Construction will begin within fiscal year 2017 (April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018).
Overview of Facility
Number of floors: 3 floors above ground
Opening date: Fiscal year 2019 (tentative) (April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020)
Tokyo Disneyland Guest Parking is hosted by Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.