Disney / Fox Deal Conference Call Details
Following today’s announcement of Disney purchasing 21st Century Fox, Disney held a investor conference call and shared some more details on the deal.
Here are a few key points:
- The deal is expected to close in 12 – 18 months
- They will have 60% of Hulu
- The 100% buyout of Sky isn’t a condition of the purchase
- Family brands like Simpsons, National Geographic & Avatar will fit into Disney brand.
- More adult focused content will be going to Hulu
- Focused on both Cable & Streaming services
- They have a larger international TV audience
- They are planning on buying back $10 billion worth of shares over next 2 years.
Here are some slides from the conference call, giving a clearer idea of what Disney is gaining from this buyout:
What do you think of this information?