Maze Runner: The Death Cure Tops The Box Office
Today, the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of January 28, 2018, have been revealed and Fox’s “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” has jumped to the top of both the Global and US charts.
comScore’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Fox’s ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ takes over the top spot on the global chart this weekend with an $86.1 million worldwide debut. The film is followed in the second spot by ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ which has now become Sony’s fifth highest grossing film of all-time with an incredible $822 million worldwide total to date.”
Fox are dominating the box office, with not just the latest installment of “Maze Runner”, but with The Greatest Showman, The Post, The Shape of Water and Ferdinand also filling out both charts.
Disney are still pulling in money for its animated movie, Coco, plus Star Wars: The Last Jedi is also bringing in customers in the US.
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, January 28, are below.
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure – 20th Century Fox – $86.1M
- Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle – Sony – $34.1M
- Greatest Showman, The – 20th Century Fox – $19.6M
- Secret Superstar – Huaxia Film Distribution Co.,Ltd – $19.0M
- Post, The – Multiple – $18.2M
- Coco – Disney – $15.1M
- Commuter, The – Multiple – $14.5M
- Darkest Hour – Universal – $12.5M
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri – 20th Century Fox – $12.2M
- Ferdinand – 20th Century Fox – $12.2M
- Forever Young – China Film Group Corporation – $11.8M
- Insidious: The Last Key – Sony – $10.7M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, January 28, are below.
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure – 20th Century Fox – $23.5M
- Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle – Sony – $16.4M
- Hostiles – Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures – $10.2M
- Greatest Showman, The – 20th Century Fox – $9.5M
- Post, The – 20th Century Fox – $8.8M
- 12 Strong – Warner Bros. – $8.6M
- Den Of Thieves – STX Entertainment – $8.4M
- Shape Of Water, The – Fox Searchlight – $5.7M
- Paddington 2 – Warner Bros. – $5.6M
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Disney – $4.2M
- Padmaavat – Viva Entertainment – $4.1M
- Forever My Girl – Roadside Attractions – $3.7M
Did you go see any of these movies this week?
Roger is the owner of DisKingdom.com and is a big Disney fan. He collects many different things including Funko, LEGO, Star Wars Miniatures, Marvel Legends & Star Wars Black Series figures. If you have a news tip, feel free to email me at Roger@Diskingdom.com or send me a tweet @DisKingdom And he presents our Youtube Channel” and Podcasts.