Fox Announce Upcoming Alita: Battle Angel Products
Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products have announced new details about their line of merchandise inspired by Alita: Battle Angel, which is the latest theatrical release from visionary filmmakers James Cameron (Avatar) and Robert Rodriguez (Sin City).
The lineup of film-inspired products for Alita: Battle Angel includes figures, collectible prop replicas, cosplay and costumes, novelizations, making-of books and subscription gifts. Starring Rosa Salazar (the Maze Runner franchise), Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained) and Keean Johnson (“Nashville”), and based on “Gunnm,” the acclaimed manga series by Yukito Kishiro, the highly-anticipated film hits theaters worldwide beginning on February 5th 2019 and opens in the U.S. on February 14th.
From licensing partners such as Funko, Weta Workshop, Titan Books, Loot Crate, Hot Toys, Prime 1 and Rubie’s, fans of Alita: Battle Angel can own a variety of merchandise and collectibles:
- Available now, Funko introduces a set of Alita Pop! figures. The collection, highlighting the multiple bodies of the film’s cyborg heroine, includes Alita Motorball Body, Alita Doll Body and Alita Berserker Body figures. Plus, exclusively available at FYE stores and online an Alita Black & White Berserker Body Funko Pop!
- Weta Workshop introduces an exciting line of Alita MINI EPICS, their cool and quirky vinyl figures from the world of film, television, gaming, and beyond. Now available for pre-order, the three Alita figures featured in the collection include:
- Alita – Bad-Ass Battle Angel. Scrapyard-salvaged cyborg.
- Dr. Ido – Hunter-gatherer of cybernetic scraps. And hunter-warrior against criminal cyborgs. Dr. Ido wields an iconic rocket hammer.
- Zapan – As fractured as they come, Zapan’s part hunter-warrior, part hell-bent on revenge.
- Hot Toys is set to release a highly-detailed Sixth Scale Figure based on the main character Alita in her Berserker Body. She includes interchangeable hands, a Damascus Blade weapon and a detailed display stand.
- Pre-order to begin soon for the Alita Berserker Quarter Scale Statue from Prime 1 Studio. The prototype of the statue was first unveiled at San Diego Comic Con 2018 and now a regular and deluxe version of the statue will be available in the coming weeks. The deluxe version comes with multiple interchangeable arms and the ability to change Alita’s expressions. Each version of the statue boasts the same impressive base — nearly 25” tall including – complete with an LED-light up feature.
- In 2019, fans can dress as their favorite cyborg heroine as Rubie’s is set to release Alita-inspired cosplay outfits including an Alita Doll Body Costume ($50), Alita Berserker Costume ($50), plus an Alita Wig ($30) and sword ($15). And from Rubie’s Grand Heritage collection – featuring added costume details – comes an enhanced Alita Doll Body ($150) and Alita Berserker costume ($150).
- Key publishing partner Titan introduces an army of Alita: Battle Angel books – a novelization, prequel story, making-of book, and an in-world character journal:
- The official prequel novel to the highly-anticipated film, Alita: Battle Angel – Iron City is now available. Hundreds of years ago, there was the Great War. The reasons for the war have been lost to time. On the shattered surface of the earth, there is a metropolis that lives amid the garbage thrown down from the inhabitants of a sky city floating above it. Welcome to Iron City.
- Dr. Ido’s Journal – This in-world fictional journal allows fans access to the inner thoughts of cybersurgeon Dr Dyson Ido, who helps to repair the cyborgs of Iron City and reactivates the cyborg Alita after finding her remains in a scrapyard. Available February 19, 2019.
- Alita: Battle Angel: The Art and Making of the Movie – Delve further into the world of Alita: Battle Angel, the film based on the classic manga by Yukito Kishiro. This lavish hardback, is packed with concept art, character and production designs, stills and behind-the-scenes photos, and interviews with director Robert Rodriguez, producers James Cameron and Jon Landau, and key creative talent. Available February 19, 2019.
- Plus, The Official Movie Novelization of Alita: Battle Angel hits shelves on February 19, 2019.
- This past summer at San Diego Comic Con, Loot Crate served as the premiere hub for the Pillars of Iron City Scavenger Hunt, rewarding fans with exclusive prizes, an Alita Meet & Greet and a special screening with the visionaries behind the film.
- And now, leading up to the theatrical debut of Alita: Battle Angel, Loot Crate will be highlighting the film across a selection of their subscription boxes. Items will include an exclusive Alita Motorball figure (Loot Anime / January), an Alita Berserker figure (Loot Anime / February), an Alita Doll Body enamel pin (Loot Crate / February), a Black & White Alita Motorball variant figure (Loot Crate DX / February) and even Alita leggings (Loot Wear / February).
- Additionally, Loot Crate will soon unveil details surrounding an Alita Fan Art contest for an opportunity to be showcased in a spring Loot Anime box.
Many of these items can be pre-ordered from retailers including Entertainment Earth.
Will you be picking up any of these items?