Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Announces New Ticket Prices
Hong Kong Disneyland recently announced changes to its pricing, coupled with special renewal and new purchase offers for its Magic Access (annual passes) members as well as exclusive ticket offers for Hong Kong residents.
Effective from December 15, 2017, the new price for a 1-Day Ticket for General Admission (aged 12–64) is HK$619 while a Child (aged 3–11) is HK$458. A 2-Day Ticket for General Admission and Child are priced at HK$799 and HK$589, respectively.
Prices for Senior tickets and the 30% discount on tickets for Hong Kong residents with disabilities remain unchanged. The price of a Senior 1-Day ticket is HK$100. Hong Kong residents will enjoy a two-month grace period for purchasing park tickets at current prices through February 15, 2018.
The price of a Silver Magic Access Membership for Adults will be adjusted to HK$1,238, a Gold Magic Access Membership will be HK$1,999, while Platinum Magic Access Memberships will be set at HK$3,491. The Silver Magic Access Membership pays for itself in just two visits.
Since its introduction in early 2011, the Magic Access Membership Program has enjoyed tremendous popularity among frequent visitors to the resort, with the majority of members coming from Hong Kong. Members are entitled to special privileges depending on their membership tier, with special entertainment offerings and experiences tailor-made for them from time to time. The latest offerings are:
- An early renewal discount of 20% on current prices for all Magic Access members with memberships expiring by June 30, 2018, together with special dining and/or hotel accommodation offers through January 15, 20181. The renewal offer puts the effective price of Silver Magic Access for adults at 2014 levels;
- Hong Kong Residents can enjoy a 15% discount for a group purchase of three or more Magic Access memberships at current prices through April 10, 20182;
- Hong Kong Residents can enjoy a four-month grace period for purchasing all tiers of Magic Access at current prices through April 10, 2018.
In addition, a series of tailor-made experiences will delight Magic Access members, including an all-new music program based on Disney stories, a collectible Disney Egg Pin redemption activity during the Disney Friends Springtime Carnival, a Pixar-themed Members’ Night and a special program based on Mickey, Duffy and Friends.
“Hong Kong Disneyland provides a world class experience and excellent service for our diverse and international mix of guests,” said an HKDL spokesperson. “From the special events taking place in 2018 to the new attractions and entertainment experiences opening next year and in the years ahead, we continuously give our guests new reasons to visit the park. Many of our local guests purchase Magic Access Memberships to visit the park multiple times throughout the year and enjoy unmatched value and privileges as well as additional savings.”
Following the launch of Iron Man Experience—the first Marvel-themed ride at a Disney park—and the resort’s third hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge, in the past 12 months, the resort has embarked on a multi-year expansion from 2018 through 2023 that will create amazing new guest experiences based on some of the most popular Disney characters and stories:
- The first attraction, to be launched next year in May, will be “Moana: A Homecoming Celebration,” an atmosphere stage show featuring music and dancing based on the popular animated film. The rest of 2018 will be jam-packed with amazing entertainment offerings in store for guests at exciting special events.
- On December 14, 2017, Royal Princess Garden was launched. Here, guests can enjoy dream-come-true meetings with beloved Disney Princesses in an exquisitely-themed garden area. The first Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique inside the park opened for young guests to receive regal makeovers.
- From January to March 2018, during Chinese New Year, Mickey Mouse’s playful companion Pluto will take center stage as we celebrate the beginning of the Year of the Dog. God of Fortune Goofy, Mickey and his pals will all be dressed up for the holiday period, welcoming guests and sharing New Year wishes with everyone.
- From March to May 2018, HKDL will host the Disney Friends Springtime Carnival, which is a high-spirited celebration filled with festive music, vibrant dancing and more Disney characters than anyone could imagine! Guests can enjoy hunting for over 100 character-themed eggs hidden all around the park.
- From June to August, 2018, guests will be able to meet Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible from Disney•Pixar’s Oscar-winning film The Incredibles in an exciting, high-energy experience in Tomorrowland! The long-awaited sequel will hit Hong Kong’s cinemas in mid-July 2018.
- From September to October in 2018, join one of HKDL’s most popular seasonal events, Disney Halloween Time, as Jack Skellington and his crew of baddies turn the park upside down in true Halloween fashion.
- From November 2018 to January 1, 2019, guests will be immersed in Hong Kong’s most authentic Christmas experience with “A Disney Christmas.” Join Mickey and friends at a joyous daytime show, listen as carolers sing Christmas tunes, experience the heartwarming tree-lighting ceremony and so much more! The enhanced Christmas event is the most delightful way to enjoy all-things Christmas … including snow.
At the same time, HKDL will continue to launch various promotions for Hong Kong residents and overseas guests in the year.
Throughout 2018, as a responsible corporate citizen, the resort will continue to sponsor more than 100,000 park tickets annually for people in need to visit the park through its Community Involvement Program and will work closely with various NGOs throughout the city.