5 New Characters Join Disney Heroes: Battle Mode
A new update has been released for the Disney Heroes: Battle Mode mobile game, bringing 5 new characters from Aladdin, Moana and Big Hero 6 into the game plus much more.
The new update also brings The Heist to all servers. The Heist is a 5-player, real-time, cooperative mode where you work together to catch the elusive Thief who is relieving the City of its key valuables. This mode has been running on Server 1 since the 1.2 release and has received several tuning and bug fixing updates.
There have also been a couple smaller new features in Guild Perks and the Friend Finder. The new Guild Perks add both breadth and depth to the system and a whole new level: Guild Level 3. The Friend Finder is a handy new way to manage your Friend Campaigns.
- Five new heroes:
- Moana from Disney’s Moana
Moana is a mid-line damage hero! Moana’s hero chips can be found in the Coliseum on Servers 1-8, and in the Elite Campaign on Servers 9-12.
- Aladdin and The Genie from Disney’s Aladdin
The Genie is a mid-line control hero! The Genie’s hero chips will be available in the VIP Crate on Servers 1-8.
Aladdin is a front-line damage hero! Aladdin’s hero chips are available as the September sign-in reward on all servers.
- Hiro and Baymax from Disney’s Big Hero 6
Baymax is a front-line tank hero! Baymax’s hero chips will be available in the Diamond Crate on Servers 1-8.
Hiro is a mid-line control hero! Hiro’s hero chips will be available in the Elite Campaign on Servers 1-8.
- The Heist:
- Work with 4 other players to catch the Thief in this real-time cooperative mode
- Now playable for everyone!
- New Guild Perks
- Polish, improvements, bug fixes, and more
More details were also announced on what is coming to the game in the future:
What’s Coming Next?
We don’t always discuss what’s coming next in Disney Heroes:Battle Mode, in part because plans can change, but also because surprises are fun! But we wanted to take a little time with this release to cover the future…
We’re currently working on a feature called Challenges:
- These are like bite-sized Contests (for example, beat City Watch on hard mode without using Yax) that you can do to win Stickers.
- Stickers are unique pieces of art that are collected in books. Other players can see your stickers and books.
- The current plan is for everyone to get 2 free challenges every Wednesday and have the week to work on them.
- We will also have some other Challenges you can do anytime that can be purchased with diamonds.
- Depending on further testing, we’re currently planning to release the Challenges feature with the 1.4, or possibly sooner.
Our next big feature is Guild Wars:
- Guild Wars will take place over month-long Seasons. During a Season, guilds earn points for victories and progress up through 6 leagues.
- Each individual war will be a head-to-head fight between two guilds.
- Guild Wars last 2 days. The first day is a prep day where you can sabotage (!) other players. The second day is for attacks.
- Attacks are Coliseum style with 3 lineups of 5 heroes each. Attackers will be able to trigger their heroes’ skills manually.
- Defenders, in turn, will have defensive bonuses. There are nine battlefield locations where defenders can be placed. Each one has a unique bonus that defenders in ALL locations receive. Attackers need to clear out a location to remove the bonus.
- There’s a good deal more to Guild Wars… but this gives you a high-level overview!
- As with The Heist, we plan to take a cautious approach with Guild Wars, “beta” testing it properly on one server first and refining before releasing the feature game-wide.
After Guild Wars, our plan is build a big Tournament feature:
- The current plan is a server-wide event where all players fight their way through a mini “campaign” (i.e. series of battles) that get progressively harder
- Both players and guilds earn rewards depending on how far they progress through the campaign
- Each campaign will feature different heroes who get buffs for that campaign.
- Tournament rewards will likely include a variety of items, but the primary reward will be a new way to add power and customization to your heroes
- This new power will be tied to the Orange rank
Last, but not least, we are working on ways to make playing the game easier:
- As we add big new features, we don’t want playing Disney Heroes:Battle Mode to become a chore
- So we’re looking at ways to make some modes less time consuming (looking at you, City Watch!)
- And we’re also looking at ways to make managing your heroes and their progress simpler (Friend Campaigns and Missions in particular are getting a bit unwieldy after Team Level 70)
- Our plan is to sprinkle these quality-of-life improvements in among the bigger features over the next few updates
Full patch notes can be found here